- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons Curry powder or Garam Masala
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth, such as Imagine No Chicken
- 1 7.6-ounce box whole-wheat couscous
- 1 6-ounce package organic baked tofu, diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Arrange oven rack in upper third of the oven and set to broil. Place pepper on a broiler pan and broil, turning occasionally until the skin is charred and blistered all over, 12-17 minutes. Place pepper in a bowl and cover with foil or a plate to allow the pepper to steam and cool, about 10 minutes. Peel charred skin off pepper. Core, seed and chop pepper.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add garlic and curry or garam masala and cook, stirring until fragrant 30 to 90 seconds. Add broth, cover and bring to a boil. Add couscous, tofu, peas and the roasted red pepper and return to a simmer. Cover and remove from the heat. Let sit 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork. Serve sprinkled with parsley if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup