This Crockpot Turkey Chili recipe is the best ever! It is veggie-loaded and so simple to prepare. Just brown the ground turkey in a skillet, mix it into the slow cooker with the other ingredients and turn it on! Then just sit back and relax and let the crockpot do all the work.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey (20.8-ounce package works too)
- 3 tablespoons ground chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup water
- 2 bell peppers, diced (any color)
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes, preferably fire roasted
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, preferably fire roasted
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, about 2 cloves
- 2 teaspoons sugar or maple syrup, optional
- Optional Garnishes: Greek yogurt, scallions, cheddar cheese, cilantro, avocado, pumpkin seeds
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey, and crumble with a wooden spoon until broken into small pieces and no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, salt and cinnamon. Stir well over the heat until fragrant, 30 seconds to 90 seconds. Pour in ½ cup water and stir to scrape up any browned bits in the bottom of the skillet. Remove from the heat and scrape the turkey mixture into the insert of a large (6 quart) slow cooker.
- Add peppers, zucchini, onion, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, beans, tomato paste and garlic into the turkey mixture and stir well.
- Cover and set on low for 8 hours, or 4 hours on high.
- Taste and add sugar (or syrup) if desired. Serve topped with optional garnishes.
To prepare ahead: Combine the browned ground turkey and the other ingredients in the slow cooker insert, cover, and then you can refrigerate it overnight. Then in the morning set the insert into the cooker and cook as directed on low for 8 hours (or high for 4 hours).
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Active Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours, 15 mins
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 368
- Sugar: 12 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 24 g
Keywords: Slow cooker turkey chili, crockpot turkey chili, crockpot ground turkey chili, slow cooker ground turkey chili