Healthy and simple CrockPot Italian Meatloaf recipe with shredded zucchini in it, gluten-free, low carb and grain free.
- 2 lbs ground beef or bison, extra lean
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded and liquid squeezed out (with hands)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp oregano, dry
- 2 tbsp minced dry onion or onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking coconut oil spray
- 1/4 cup ketchup, low sodium (organic)
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, low fat
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients for meatloaf and mix thoroughly with your hands to combine.
- Line the bottom of a large slow cooker with double folded aluminum foil, criss cross. Make sure to make the flaps, so it will be easy for you to lift the meatloaf once it’s ready. Spray the bottom with cooking spray.
- Place the mixture in crockpot and using your hands shape it into meatloaf. Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours or on High for 3 hours.
- Spread ketchup on top of meatloaf and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove meatloaf from the slow cooker, garnish with parsley, cut into 10 slices and serve warm with whole wheat spaghetti or quinoa. Any whole grain side would work.
Storage Instructions: Refrigerate covered for up to 3 days or freeze in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
• Cholesterol: 97.5 mg
• Sodium: 310.9 mg
• Total Carbs: 3.4 g
• Dietary Fiber: 0.1 g
• Protein: 20.7 g
• WW Points+: 5
- Serving Size: 1/10 meatloaf, 1 slice
- Calories: 214
- Fat: 12.4