This Healthy Creamy Horseradish Potato Salad is a twist on the classic barbecue side. It is so creamy and full of flavor that everyone will line up to get a bite! Make it ahead for an easy vegetarian (gluten-free) side for all your easy breezy Summer cook-outs!
- 2 ½ pounds thin-skinned small potatoes, quartered or halved into about 1-inch chunks (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ¾ cup plain non-fat Greek-style yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup grated white onion
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 eggs, hard boiled, peeled and chopped (see tip*)
- Fit a large saucepan or pot with a steamer basket, and fill with water up to the bottom of the steamer.Bring to a boil, add potatoes and cook until just tender, about 15 minutes.Make sure that the water doesn’t boil away.Spread the potatoes out over a baking sheet to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, stir together parsley, yogurt, mayonnaise, onion, horseradish, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir in the potatoes and eggs. Chill completely before serving, about 4 hours or overnight.
0 mg Cholesterol, 11 g Added Sugar
To make ahead: Prepare up to 1 day in advance.
tip* to hard boil eggs: Place eggs in the bottom of a small saucepan, cover with cold water by several inches. Bring to a gentle boil over high heat. Allow to boil for 1 full minute. Remove from heat and let stand 12 minutes in the hot water. Drain, run cool water over and cool.
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 2.4 mg
- Fat: 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.8 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 5.2 g