These creamy chicken and peas are are in only 18 minutes! This is an easy and healthy kid-friendly weeknight dinner. Serve over rice or pasta!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen sweet peas
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken in a single layer, sprinkle with salt and cook, stirring once or twice until browned, 4 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the chicken and stir to coat. Add broth, increase heat to high, and bring to a simmer while stirring.
- Stir in peas and return to a simmer, stirring often. Cook until the peas are heated through, the chicken is cooked through, and the sauce is thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes after returning to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in sour cream and chives. Serve hot with fresh pepper on top.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 266
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 803 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 35 g