- ½ cup chevre at room temperature, 4 oz.
- ¼ cup cream cheese at room temperature, 2 oz. (I used Neufchatel)
- ¾ teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, preferably freshly grated
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup best-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 24 slices baguette, toasted
- Mix chevre and cream cheese together in a small bowl. Stir in ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Pulse the garlic in food processor until finely chopped. Add cranberries and pulse until roughly chopped. Add basil, walnuts, and red pepper flakes, process until blended but still chunky. Place mixture in a bowl, stir in the Parmesan cheese, parsley, oil, pepper and the remaining1/2 teaspoon salt until blended.
- Spread 1 teaspoon chevre mixture on each baguette slice and top with 1 tablespoon of the cranberry pesto.
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 232 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g