Clementine Rum Balls. These Vegan and No-Bake Christmas cookies are such a yummy and unexpected addition to your holiday cookie collection!
- 1 14.5- ounce box graham crackers makes about 3 1/2 cups crumbs
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup pecans toasted and cooled (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder sifted and divided
- 1/2 cup dark or black rum
- 1 tablespoon clementine zest plus 1/2 cup clementine juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- Break grahams into pieces and process in two batches in food processor until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a large bowl. Place confectioners sugar and pecans in the food processor and process until the nuts are finely ground. Transfer to the bowl with the graham crumbs. Add 1/4 cup cocoa powder and stir thouroughly. Mix rum, clementine zest, clementine juice and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Pour over the crumb mixture and stir to form a sticky dough. Let sit 10 minutes in the fridge to firm up.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining 1/4 cup cocoa powder on a plate or shallow dish. Place the coconut on another plate or dish.
- Roll 1 tablespoon portions of the crumb dough into balls. Roll half of the balls, one at a time, into the cocoa powder. Roll the other half of the balls into the coconut. [You may need to put a little coconut into your hands to press the coconut into the dough as you roll to get it to stick.]
Store in the freezer for up to one month.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 45
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 17 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g