These light and delicious Paleo Pancakes are gluten-free and dairy-free. There is even a recipe for a convenient pancake mix to make these even easier to whip up in the morning for a healthy and yummy breakfast!
For the pancakes:
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ghee, coconut oil or butter for the pan
- ⅓ cup diced fresh fruit of choice small berries can be left whole
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped raw walnuts and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl, preferably one with a spout. Add the eggs, applesauce, and vanilla and mix well to combine.
- Heat the fat in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir the desired add-ins, if using, into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the skillet to form 3- to 4-inch pancakes. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbles begin to form on the top, then flip and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until the pancakes are fluffy and golden brown. Remove from the skillet, set aside, and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup. Store leftover pancakes in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Dairy-Free Option: Use coconut oil for the pan.
- Paleo-Friendly Option: Use ghee or coconut oil for the pan.
- To make a batch of convenient pancake and waffle mix: place 1 cup of blanched almond flour, 1 cup of tapioca flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and 2 pinches of fine sea salt in a large mason jar. Screw the lid on tightly and shake to blend the ingredients. Store the mix in the pantry for up to 1 week or in the fridge for up to 1 month. (Don’t forget to label and date the jar!) Shake the jar to re-blend the mix, then wait about 30 seconds to let it settle before opening the jar. Makes 2 cups (enough for two batches of pancakes or waffles).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 177 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: healthy pancakes, healthy pancake recipe, how to make healthy pancakes, gluten free pancakes, paleo pancakes, clean eating pancakes