Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread made with honey and whole wheat flour. It’s super moist and just sweet enough for breakfast or an after school snack. It’s a great baking project even for beginners because it only takes 15 minutes to get it in the oven!
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour *see notes for gluten-free alternative
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour *see notes for gluten-free alternative
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup avocado oil or organic canola oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup shredded zucchini
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Generously coat a 8 ½ by 4 ½-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, (or gluten-free all-purpose flour) baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs, oil, honey and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir zucchini into the wet mixture with a silicone spatula. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir with the silicone spatula until moistened. Add chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Spread the batter out into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until the bread has risen and the center springs back when lightly touched, 50 to 54 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack. Run a knife along the edges, then turn out of pan.
To make this zucchini chocolate chip bread gluten-free, do not use the white whole-wheat flour or all-purpose flour, and instead substitute 1 1/2 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour.
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini can be made by grating a medium zucchini on the large holes of a box grater. (see video.)
The bread can stick to the loaf pan, so make sure to generously grease your loaf pan, or you can line it with parchment paper if you like.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 120 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: chocolate chip zucchini bread