Broiled chili marinated grass-fed flank steak with Sriracha, garlic marinade over minty napa slaw. A gluten-free and low-carb dinner salad.
- ½ cup tamari
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or Sambal Olek
- 1 grass-fed flank steak trimmed of fat (1.5 or 1.75 pounds)
- 1 head Napa Cabbage, finely sliced (10 to 12 cups)
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- ¼ cup chopped red onion or scallions
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, dark or amber
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Combine tamari, white vinegar, garlic, sambal olek in a large re-sealable bag. Add steak, press extra air out, and seal bag. Coat steak in the marinade and refrigerate for 12 to 20 hours.
- Arrange oven rack in upper third of the oven. Preheat broiler. Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Drain steak, pat dry with paper towels and discard marinade. Place steak on the broiler pan and broil just below the heat for 3 minutes. Turn pan 180 degrees and continue cooking until the meat starts to char in areas. Flip meat over and cook under the heat, rotating once for an additional 4 to 6 minutes. Let meat rest at least 5 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Combine cabbage, carrots, mint, peanuts and onion in a large bowl. Combine lime juice, olive oil, maple syrup, sesame oil, salt and white pepper in a jar. Seal and shake jar. Pour over the slaw and toss to combine.
- Serve the slaw topped with the steak.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces steak 1 1/2 cup slaw
- Calories: 434
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 741 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 40 g