A simple and delicious recipe for Chickpea Tuna Salad! This vegetarian salad is delicious and absolutely satisfying.
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans reduced-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- ⅔ cup diced red onion
- ⅓ cup vegan mayonnaise or olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Toasted whole-wheat bread and/or green leaf lettuce for serving
- Add one can of chickpeas to a large mixing bowl. Using a fork, lightly mash.
- Add remaining can chickpeas, celery, onion, mayonnaise, garlic, Dijon, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Stir to combine; season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on toasted bread or over lettuce with dill pickle spears.
Store this Chickpea Tuna Salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
To make this recipe vegan, use vegan mayonnaise.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 313
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 12 g
Keywords: chickpea tuna salad