Gluten-free and protein packed entree salad with garlic marinated chicken, chickpeas, feta cheese and home-made Green Goddess salad dressing.
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, tenders removed
- ¼ cup cold water
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar, divided
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning herb mix
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ avocado, skin and pit removed
- 1/3 cup non-fat buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons sesame tahini sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon, optional
- 8 cups spring greens, washed and spun dry
- 1 carrot, peeled, and cut into paper-thin ribbons with vegetable peeler
- ½ European cucumber, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place garlic cloves in a large re-sealable bag, press air out and seal the bag. Smash garlic with the smooth side of a meat mallet. Open bag and add chicken breasts. Press air out of bag and reseal. Pound meat through the bag until the thickest part of the breast is level with the thinnest, about 3/4 -inch thick. Open bag again and add tenders, ¼ cup water, 3 tablespoons vinegar, Italian herb mix and ½ teaspoon salt. Press out air and reseal bag and agitate until the chicken is coated in the herb garlic mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Oil grill rack . Grill chicken until no-longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Let rest about 5 minutes before cutting into chunks.
- Puree avocado, buttermilk, the remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, tahini, chives, parsley, tarragon and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt in a mini prep or food processor until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary.
- Arrange greens in four bowls. Top with carrot, cucumber, chickpeas, feta and the chicken. Drizzle dressing over the salads and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 salad, 3 1/2 ounces chicken and 3 tablespoons dr
- Calories: 321
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 740 mg
- Fat: 11 grams
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 37 g