This Cauliflower Hummus is made with steamed cauliflower instead of chickpeas. It tastes just like regular hummus with only 2 grams of net carbs per serving. It is vegan, Whole30, Low Carb,Keto and not to mention totally delicious!
5 cups cauliflower florets (14 to 15 ounces)
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 ¾ teaspoons coarse kosher salt, divided
½ cup sesame tahini
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
3 tablespoons lemon juice
Chopped parsley and sumac for serving
1. Bring an inch of water to a boil in a saucepan fitted with a steamer attachment. Add cauliflower and cook, covered until the cauliflower is very tender when pierced with a fork, about 6 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, sprinkle garlic with 1 teaspoon salt and mash with the side of the knife until the it forms a paste.
3. Set up food processor with steel blade attachment. Add cauliflower and garlic salt and pulse several times to chop up the cauliflower.
4. Open lid and add the remaining ¾ teaspoon salt, tahini, olive oil and lemon. Cover and process. Scrape sides and process until the cauliflower is ultra-smooth and the texture of soft hummus.
5. Transfer to a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate until cold and firmer, about 2 hours. Drizzle with additional olive oil. Sprinkle with parsley and sumac before serving.
This hummus lasts for 6 days when stored in the fridge. Cool in the refrigerator with the lid cracked. Then seal shu and keep covered and cold. Add the oil, parsley and sumac on top just before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 157 calories
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 207 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g