This carrot ginger dressing tastes just like the dressing you’re served at a Japanese restaurant. Bonus: it tastes less than 10 minutes to make!
- 1 cup shredded peeled carrot
- ½ cup peanut oil, preferably roasted
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, dark or amber or agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons miso paste *see ingredient note
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Puree all ingredients in a blender on high, until smooth, about 30 seconds.
*Ingredient note: miso paste is found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket with the tofu and other refrigerated Asian ingredients, such as egg roll wrappers. Often in an area of the produce section in large supermarkets. Choose a lighter colored variety for the mildest flavor. If you prefer, simply substitute 1 tablespoon of reduced sodium soy sauce or wheat free tamari and add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g