Our easy Buffalo Chicken Burritos made with brown rice, veggies, buffalo chicken, and cheese are both comforting and filling. They are a complete meal in one convenient hand-held wrap or serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing and veggie sticks if desired. They are meal prep friendly too.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound cooked leftover chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Original Hot Sauce
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 6 large (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 8-ounce pouch of pre-cooked brown rice (or 1 ½ cups of cooked cooled rice)
- 6 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup purchased or homemade Blue Cheese or Ranch dressing, for serving
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring often until the vegetables are softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add chicken, hot sauce, and melted butter and cook, stirring until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Lay tortillas on the work surface. Divide rice among the tortillas. Divide chicken and vegetables among the tortillas. Top with cheese. Wrap up burritos, tucking in sides, and sealing seam side down.
- Wash and dry the skillet. Coat with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the burritos and brown for about 2 minutes per side.
- Cut burritos in half and serve with dressing.
Make Ahead: Coat aluminum foil sheets with cooking spray. Wrap each burrito in a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Refrigerate for up to three (3) days. When ready to enjoy, preheat oven to 350°F. Place foil-wrapped burritos on the oven rack. Bake, until the burritos, are hot and the cheese is melted about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 18 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 burrito
- Calories: 544
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 26 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 38 g
Keywords: buffalo burrito, buffalo chicken burrito, buffalo chicken burritos, buffalo chicken wraps healthy, healthy buffalo chicken wraps, buffalo chicken wrap