This brussels sprouts slaw with bacon and blue cheese is a delicious raw salad that is ready in 20 minutes. It would make the perfect no-cook Thanksgiving side dish!
- 3 tablespoons roasted walnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or white distilled vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, dark or amber
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and very thinly shredded *see tip
- 2 cups parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Whisk oil, vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add blue cheese and whisk again. Add Brussels sprouts, parsley, cranberries, onion and bacon and toss to coat.
Can be prepared up to 4 hours in advance.
To thinly slice the Brussels quickly try using a food processor with the slicer blade. Just trim the stem end first and drop them through the feed tube.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup
- Calories: 108
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 274 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g