Broccoli Salad with Sweet Miso Dressing. It is a delicious sweet and savory variation of broccoli salad and is vegan and gluten-free with roasted shiitake mushrooms, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries.
- 4 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- ¼ cup avocado oil or organic canola oil, divided
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons red miso
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons pure maple syrup, dark or amber, agave or honey
- 6 cups chopped raw broccoli
- ½ cup dried sweetened cranberries
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup toasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss shiitake mushrooms, 1 tablespoon oil, smoked paprika and salt in a medium bowl. Spread out on a large rimmed baking sheet and transfer to the oven. Bake, stirring and turning occasionally until the mushrooms are dried out and browned, 22 to 28 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet.
- Whisk the remaining 3 tablespoons oil, miso, vinegar and agave in a large bowl. Add broccoli, cranberries, onion, sunflower seeds and the shiitake mushrooms. Toss to coat.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 366 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g