Blueberry Almond Tart with Greek Yogurt. It is piled with blueberries and made with a simple almond tart shell. The yogurt filling is flavored with jam and is thickened with gelatin so you can slice it nicely.
- ½ cup whole almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour, plus 1½ teaspoon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- ½ cup blueberry jam
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (see ingredient note)
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups fat-free vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds for garnish, optional
- Prepare Crust: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom on a baking sheet and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Place ½ cup whole almonds and sugar in a food processor fitted with steel blade attachment. Process until the almonds are the consistency of rough meal. Add whole-wheat pastry flour, 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour and salt and pulse until combined. Stir 1 egg yolk, coconut oil and canola oil in a small bowl. With the food processor motor running, drizzle yolk mixture through the feed tube and process until completely mixed in. Drizzle in water with the motor running and then pulse just until mixture clumps together.
- Turn mixture out into the prepared pan; spread evenly and press firmly into the bottom and up sides to form a thin crust. Prick all over with a fork and transfer to the oven. Bake, pressing down with the back of a fork only if it starts to puff, until dry and slightly golden along the edges, 10 to 13 minutes. Turn off oven and let sit in hot oven 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool crust completely. Brush the remaining 1 ½ teaspoon flour into any fine cracks and fork holes in the crust.
- Make Filling: Stir blueberry jam and amaretto in a small saucepan until completely combined. Measure out two tablespoons for glazing the tart and refrigerate. Sprinkle gelatin over the remaining jam mixture, and allow to bloom about five minutes. Cook, stirring over medium heat until melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Whisk Greek yogurt and the gelatin mixture in a medium bowl. Pour into the crust. Refrigerate until the yogurt is set up, about 4 hours, or overnight.
- Top the tart with blueberries. Brush the reserved blueberry jam mixture over the berries. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Remove tart pan sides before serving.
Ingredient note: substitute 2 tablespoons amaretto liquor for the almond extract and apple juice if desired.
3 grams fiber. 2 grams Sat Fat. 6 grams Protein.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 201 calories
- Fat: 7 grams