Make these overnight oats in a mason jar the night before, and you have a healthy, creamy and satisfying breakfast ready to go in the morning.
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup non-fat milk (I used lactose free)
- pinch stevia or another sweetener of choice to taste (optional)
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 small blood orange, segmented
- 1 tablespoon Goji Berries or dried cranberries
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds
- Place oats in a 2-cup mason jar. Sprinkle on stevia if using. Pour milk over the oats. Add yogurt, then top with oranges, gogi berries and chia seeds. Seal jar and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
What oats to use:
Old-fashioned rolled oats will be your best option as they’ll soak up the liquid well overnight. Don’t use steel-cut or instant oatmeal for these.
- Serving Size: 1 3/4 cup
- Calories: 304
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 56 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 14 g