This 10-minute recipe for homemade black bean hummus is a delicious twist on classic hummus. It is made with black beans, lime and cilantro along with traditional hummus ingredients like tahini, garlic and olive oil. It’s the best southwest-flavored appetizer, party food, game day dip or snack!
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling if desired
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Fit food processor with steel blade attachment, close lid and turn on. Drop garlic through feed tube of food processor and allow to process until finely chopped.
- Open food processor, and add beans, oil, lime juice, tahini, ground coriander and salt. Process until smooth. Scrape sides, add cilantro and process to combine.
- Serve drizzled with additional oil if desired.
Scoop hummus into a 2 cup resealable container and close tightly. Keep refrigerated up to three days. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and cilantro before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Fusion
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 82
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 143 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: black bean hummus,how to make black bean hummus,black bean hummus recipe,hummus recipe black bean,bean hummus,hummus beans