This easy one-pan dinner is super savory, loaded with healthy protein and fiber, and best of all, quick to make.
- 1½ pounds flank steak
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces, white and light green parts separated from dark green parts
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ cup low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound broccoli, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooked rice and toasted sesame seeds, for serving
- Cut steak in half lengthwise, with grain then cut each half against grain into thin ¼-inch pieces; season with 1 teaspoon pepper and ½ teaspoon kosher salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until shimmering.
- Add beef and scallion white and light green parts to skillet; use tongs to arrange in a single layer. Cook, without stirring, until beef is browned on bottom, about 2 minutes.
- Stir and continue to cook until beef is no longer pink, 2–3 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- For the sauce, whisk together oyster sauce, broth, tamari, ginger, garlic, and honey. Add cornstarch and whisk until smooth.
- Add sauce mixture and broccoli to skillet and toss to combine. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender, 3–5 minutes, uncovering and stirring beef and broccoli occasionally.
- Off heat, stir in scallion greens and serve over rice with sesame seeds.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stove top
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 453
- Sugar: 8.5g
- Sodium: 1343mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 51g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
Keywords: beef and broccoli stirfry,beef broccoli stirfry