An easy and delicious salmon recipe that can be made any night of the week.
- 2 tablespoons whole-wheat Panko
- 4 (6-ounce) skin-on salmon filets
- ¼ cup avocado oil or olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 350ºF (176ºC) with rack set in middle position.
- Arrange breadcrumbs on baking sheet in an even layer; bake until toasted and golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, zest lemon then cut lemon into wedges. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, dill, shallot, ½ teaspoon lemon zest, ½ teaspoon pepper, and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt.
- Coat baking sheet with nonstick spray. Arrange salmon, skin-side down, on sheet; pat dry with paper towels. Season salmon with ½ teaspoon each kosher salt and pepper.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over salmon.
- Roast salmon until it easily flakes with a fork and a thermometer inserted in the center registers 125ºF, 15–20 minutes.
- Sprinkle salmon with toasted breadcrumbs, serve with lemon wedges.
Thickness matters when it comes to bake time. Look for filets that have a thickness of at least 1 inch. If you have thinner filets, keep an eye on them as they cook. Every ½-inch of thickness equals 5 minutes baking time.
- Serving Size: 1 filet
- Calories: 342
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 757mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 34g
- Cholesterol: 80mg