Here’s a recipe for Apple Bread recipe with Cinnamon and Maple sugar. It is studded with chunks of fresh apple and with the addition of applesauce it is ultra moist! Pour a cup of coffee and enjoy the taste of fall in each bite!
1 ¼ cup maple sugar, natural cane sugar or brown sugar, divided
1 tablespoon cinnamon, divided
1 large egg
1 cup applesauce
1/3 cup avocado oil or organic canola oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour, preferably white whole-wheat
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 large apples, peeled and diced
- Coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan in cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stir 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Whisk egg, applesauce, the remaining 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar and oil in a medium bowl.
- Whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and the remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon in another bowl.
- Add the dry mix to the wet mix and stir just until combined. Add in apples and stir to combine.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter. Top with the remaining batter. Swirl the batter lightly with a knife to create marbling effect. Smooth the top of the loaf and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on top of the loaf.
- Bake the bread until it is domed and set up in the center when lightly pressed, 55 to 60 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf should come out with only moist crumbs attached.
- Cool in the pan for ten minutes. Run a knife along the edges of the pan, and carefully turn out of the pan. Cool (right-side up) on a cooling rack before slicing.
Leftovers: To store unsliced bread: Wrap completely cool bread in two layers of plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Keep at room temperature for two to three days.
To Freeze: You can freeze the entire loaf of bread by wrapping in two layers of foil. Then transfer to a gallon Freezer re-sealable plastic bag. Press any excess air out of the bag before freezing. Remove from the bag to thaw at room temperature.
Reheat: For best texture, reheat thawed bread. Wrap in foil and heat at 300 degrees for 20 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/10 loaf
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 32 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 50 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g