You’re going to love this easy Kale Cheddar Soup recipe. It is only 4 ingredients and ready in less than 30 minutes. And it’s super healthy because it is just broth, kale, potatoes and cheddar cheese! The texture is so velvety. It’s hard to believe that it is naturally gluten-free, and requires no sautéing, no making of roux, no fancy ingredients.
- 1 32-ounce box chicken broth
- 4 cups, peeled 1-inch dice potatoes (20 ounces)
- 4 packed cups chopped kale leaves
- 6 ounces shredded sharp cheddar
- Bring broth and potatoes to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add kale, and stir to wilt the kale. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale is bright green and just tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Carefully puree in two batches in a blender or with an immersion blender.
- Stir in cheddar.
- Calories: 186.49 cal
- Sugar: 2.58 g
- Sodium: 306.38 mg
- Fat: 8.69 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.51 g
- Trans Fat: 0.25 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.54 g
- Fiber: 1.85 g
- Protein: 9.79 g
- Cholesterol: 24.45 mg