These 25 chicken recipes are all under 400 calories and are great for a healthy family-friendly menu and for weight loss. This Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps is a perfect example with only 250 calories per serving of three wraps each!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon organic canola oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons dark pure maple syrup
- pinch crushed red pepper flake
- 3 radishes, cut into strips
- 1 cup “stringless” snap peas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- pinch salt, to taste
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped if desired
- 12 leaves Bibb lettuce, such as Boston, washed and dried
- Place chicken in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add a generous pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue simmering until the chicken is no-longer pink in the center, 12 to 16 minutes (depending on thickness.)
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut into bite-sized cubes and let cool 10 minutes.
- Whisk avocado oil, tamari, sesame oil, maple syrup and red pepper flake in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, radishes, snap peas, cilantro and mint and toss to coat. Season with salt if desired.
- Serve the chicken salad in the lettuce wraps, about ½ cups each. Top with peanuts.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stove Top
- Serving Size: 3 wraps
- Calories: 250
Keywords: low calorie chicken recipes,low calorie chicken recipes.