This super speedy 15 minute ground pork stir-fry is mixed with fresh ginger, baby bok choy, scallions and Chinese Five Spice seasoning. Serve it over cauliflower rice for a paleo friendly meal, or toss with chinese egg noodles.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped, whites and green parts divided
- 1 tablespoon finely grated or minced ginger root
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 teaspoons Chinese 5-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon Sambal Oelek or Sriracha, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 baby Bok choy, cores cut out, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 8-ounce can chopped sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, preferably dark
- Soy Sauce, tamari or coconut aminos for serving
- Additional Sambal Oelek or Sriracha for serving
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet or wok over high heat. Add scallion whites and ginger, and stir fry until fragrant, 30 to 90 seconds. Add pork, and cook, crumbling with a spatula until the pork is completely cooked through and crumbled, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Dust 5 spice, Sambal Oelek (or Sriracha) and salt over the pork and stir to coat.
- Add bok choy, water chestnuts, lime juice, maple and the reserved scallion greens and stir to combine. Cook, stirring until steaming hot and mixed together, 2 to 3 minutes.
Substitute one half of a medium Bok Choy for baby bok choy if unavailable.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup
- Calories: 383
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 396 mg
- Fat: 26 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 22 g
Keywords: Ginger Pork stir-fry,Pork and bok choy Stir-fry,ground pork stirfry