If you are looking for seasonal vegetables for winter here is a great resource for more than 100 recipes, how to find winter vegetables and what is a winter vegetable. This Roasted Winter Vegetable Recipe is a great recipe to make if you are looking for ways to eat in season in the wintertime.
- 4 medium-small thin-skinned potatoes, cut into 1 ¼–inch chunks (11 oz or 2 cups)
- 4 large carrots, peeled and oblique cut into 3/4 –inch chunks (8 oz or 2 cups)
- 2 small celeriac, peeled and cut into 1 ¼-inch chunks (about 13 oz or 3 cups)
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed (halved if very large) (10 oz)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup chopped tender herbs, such as chives, dill, tarragon and chervil
- zest from one lemon, or to taste
- Arrange oven rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss potatoes, carrots, celeriac and Brussels sprouts with oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread out on large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring twice, until the vegetables are tender and browning, 30 to 38 minutes. Return the vegetables to the bowl and add the herbs and zest. Toss to coat. Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
Keywords: winter vegetables, winter vegetable recipes