turkey reuben quesadilla with pear
Once upon a time, there was a Cheddar and Pear Quesadilla who fell in love with a Turkey Reuben, they got married and had a baby. They named her Turkey Reuben Quesadilla with Cheddar and Pear. (Kinda snooty of them to give her such a long name isn’t it? Some parents…Sheesh!) She was crispy on the outside, with melted cheese and turkey on the inside with tangy sauerkraut and sweet pear. She was a happy little baby… until she got eaten. The end.Sorry, that was kinda lame. But this recipe is not. Here is another story. This one is true and it has a happy ending. Right now, right here there is a great big Cabot Creamery Cooperative Cheddar Cheese and Greek-Style Yogurt giveaway! And all you have to do to enter is follow the instructions on the rafflecopter widget below the recipe. [You’ll have to leave a comment letting me know what you like to cook with cheddar or Greek-style yogurt. If you want to get additional entries, just like Healthy Seasonal Recipes on facebook, twitter, intagram or pinterest or tweet the giveaway and another chance at this $80+ prize is all yours!]
Here is another true story. I just picked up a bike-powered Vitamix Blender for a special event this Sunday. I will be making Greek-Style Yogurt Smoothies for Cabot’s Open Farm Sunday. So if you’re in the Burlington, Vermont area this Sunday October 13th, come by to say hi and pedal your way to creamy Greek Yogurt Smoothie Bliss.
I’ll be at the University of Vermont Cabot Farm called CREAM. This farm is so cool! It is just one of the 1,200 Cabot dairy farms in the Co-op. This one is run by the students at UVM. I am so excited to be invited to be there. [Just wondering what to wear. How about muck boots, chef’s jacket and bike shorts?] We’ll be making the Maple Moo Smoothie and The Blueberry Recovery Smoothie. Please be sure to enter the giveaway below and join me on Sunday if you can. -KatiePrint
Turkey Reuben Quesadilla with Pear with Cabot Sharp Cheddar and Greek-yogurt Russian dressing
- 2 tablespoons Cabot Greek-style 2% plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons pickle relish
- pinch celery salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 8-inch multi-grain tortillas
- 4 ounces thinly-sliced pepper turkey deli meat
- ½ ripe pear, core removed and thinly sliced
- ½ cup sauerkraut
- 2 ounces shredded Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar
- ½ teaspoon oil
- Whisk together Cabot Greek-style plain yogurt, ketchup, relish, celery seed and pepper in a small bowl.
- Lay tortillas out on work surface. Spread dressing out over entire tortilla, leaving a ½-inch boarder along the edge. Arrange turkey slices on one side of both of the tortillas. Top with pear, sauerkraut and cheddar. Fold plain side of the tortillas over to create quesadilla.
- Brush oil over the bottom of a large skillet, and place over medium heat. Arrange quesadillas in the skillet, and cook until browned on bottom, 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully turn over, reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking until the bottom is browned and the cheese is melted 3 to 4 minutes longer. Cut with a sharp serrated knife and serve.