These roasted spiced nuts are very crispy on the outside due to the egg white coating. They are fantastic as an gluten-free snack or sweet and savory nibble before a meal or try tossing them into a salad for crunch and flavor.
- 1 egg white
- 2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 4 teaspoons granulated maple sugar, coconut sugar or white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle chili or cayenne (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silpat baking mat or coat generously with cooking spray.
- Beat egg white in a medium bowl until foamy. Add nuts and stir to coat. Add sugar, cinnamon, salt, chili and allspice and toss to coat. Spread out on the prepared baking sheet and transfer to the oven.
- Roast, until the mixture starts to look dry, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir and continue roasting until the nuts are browned and fragrant, 3 to 6 minutes longer. Cool completely and store in a jar at room temperature up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 118 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g