slow cooker paleo beef chili
This Slow Cooker Paleo Beef Chili will warm you up after a day full of winter adventures. It is a super delicious kid friendly meal that is also gluten free and dairy free!
This recipe also appears on Cotter Crunch.
Last weekend my girls started all day ski lessons on Sundays. It went way better than expected even though the weather was cold here in Vermont (in the single digits.) Thankfully there was virtually no wind. Both girls had a great time and my 8 year old even asked if she could take another run when we picked her up at 3! Keep your fingers crossed that the great attitude will continue all season.
While the girls skied, Jase and I had a Nordic ski date at the Nordic center on the mountain. We did a back country loop, lunch and then another loop on the groomed trails. It was such a treat to spend the day with him and to be outdoors! Even though it was cold, we stayed warm because we were skiing, and I had my new favorite thing on the planet, adhesive toe warmers! Dude! Those things are amazing!!
We got home on Sunday evening, happy and tired, and I ended up deciding that it would be best if I set aside my duct tape parenting ideals (never do something for a child that they can do for themselves) and gave the girls more help than usual to get all their chores etc done for the school week. They kept asking why I was helping. Lol.
Hey if that means they like skiing, I am all for helping!
Unfortunately, spending Sunday evening helping them meant that I didn’t get my Sunday evening chores done. The result, was I spent the week living by the seat of my pants. It all worked out. It’s Friday, and I am still standing and my kids are happy. What more can I ask for?
You know what’s even better than that? This killer Slow Cooker Paleo Beef Chili recipe! (Like that segue?) This chili doesn’t have any beans or grains in it, but it is loaded with vegetables (I even added in sweet potato), lean grass-fed ground beef, and smoky chili spices.
It is super easy and quick to prep. Then you let your slow cooker do all the work, so you’ll come home to the auhmazing smell of this uber-yummy chili. And if you’re feeling really fancy you can top it all off with a little cilantro, avocado and red onion. Really comfort food doesn’t get much better than this!
More Paleo Recipes To Try This Month
You know I love me a Crock Pot recipe, so this Crock Pot Paleo Hamburger Soup from Taylor looks so comforting and good!
My Paleo Energy Balls always disappear too fast!
My Paleo Egg Muffins also need to go on your to-make list! They’re a great way to get your protein (fast!)
Thanks for reading. Please let me know if you make this recipe. Come back and let me know how it goes by leaving me a star rating and review.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 pound ground grass-fed beef
- 1 each green and red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 1 1/2 cup)
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
- 1 14-ounce can petit diced tomatoes, preferably fire roasted
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili
- Optional Garnishes: cilantro, diced avocado and/or minced red onion
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add beef, and cook, stirring often and breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon until the beef is browned, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer the beef to the insert of a large slow cooker.
- Stir in bell peppers, onion, sweet potato, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic, cumin, salt, cinnamon and chipotle.
- Cover and set slow cooker on high for 6 hours.
- Serve topped with garnishes.
- Calories: 330
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 18 g