Pesto bacon potato salad made healthy with less mayonnaise (only 2 tablespoons for 12 servings!) The Greek yogurt dressing gets tons of flavor from pesto, and the bacon adds an indulgent taste everyone will love at all your summer cookouts and barbecues.
- 6 cups thin-skinned potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup purchased or home-made basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup minced red onion
- Bring 1 to 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket over high heat. Add potatoes to the steamer basket, cover and cook until the potatoes are tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl, drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Let cool to room temperature, about 25 minutes.
- Whisk yogurt, pesto and mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth. Add the potatoes and toss to coat with the dressing. Add bacon and onion and toss to coat. Serve immediately or chill up to 8 hours.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup each
- Calories: 132 calories
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 462 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g