Gluten-free savory muffins with arugula and cheddar.
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup finely chopped arugula
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Whisk rice flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs, buttermilk or yogurt and oil in a large bowl. Stir in arugula, ½ cup cheddar and rosemary. Add rice flour mixture and stir together until just combined.
- Divided batter among the prepared muffin cups. Top with the remaining ½ cup cheddar. Bake until puffed, golden and the centers are cooked through, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Let cool in baking pan 7 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 157 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 4 g