Garlic Almond Kale Chips are a gluten-free and vegan Super Snack that are ready in just 30 minutes and will totally knock your socks off!
- 1 small clove garlic, skin removed
- 1 small bell pepper, cored and quartered
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 16 cups kale leaves without stems, washed and spun dry
- Arrange two oven racks evenly spaced in upper and lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Fit steel blade attachment in food processor and turn on. Drop garlic clove through feed tub and allow to process until finely chopped. Open and add pepper, almonds, oil and salt and process until a thick paste forms. Scrape pepper mixture into a very large bowl. Spread around surface of bowl. Add kale and toss to combine. Work pepper mixture by hand into the leaves of all the kale to make sure it is evenly coated. Spread over two large baking sheets.
- Transfer kale to oven, and bake 10 minutes. Rotate baking sheets top to bottom and front to back. Continue baking, rotating again until crisp, but not brown 5 to 10 minutes more. Let cool before eating.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup each
- Calories: 81
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 154 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g