Loaded baked potatoes stuffed with steamed broccoli and bacon topped with sharp cheddar. No stove or oven required. All done in the microwave.
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 ½ cup finely chopped broccoli
- ¼ cup water
- 1/3 cup lite sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper, preferably white
- 1 ¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar (5 ounces), divided
- 2 scallions minced
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Prick potatoes all over with a fork and microwave, turning occasionally until tender inside, about 16 minutes. Let cool, 12 minutes.
- While potatoes cool, place broccoli and water in a small microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave until the broccoli is tender, about 4 minutes. Carefully remove cover, drain broccoli and set aside.
- Cut top ¼ of potatoes off. Scoop most of the soft white potato flesh into a large bowl (including that from the tops.)Add sour cream, salt and pepper and mash with a potato masher until creamy. Add ¾ cup shredded cheddar and mash until the cheese is melted into the potato. Stir in the reserved broccoli, scallions and bacon. Divide the broccoli mixture among the four hollowed-out potato shells. Divide the remaining ½ cup cheddar over the four potatoes.
- Place potatoes in a small microwave-safe baking dish and microwave until the cheese is melted on top 45 seconds to 2 minutes.
43 mg Cholesterol, 0 g Added Sugars
This recipe was originally developed for Cabot Creamery Cooperative and it also appears on their website.
- Serving Size: 1 potato
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 460 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 16 g