This 10 Minute Gazpacho recipe will help use some of your tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers from the garden. Customize it how you like with fresh basil or cilantro. Add a kick with jalapeño pepper. And make it a bit fancy with garnishes like sliced cherry tomatoes, microgreens and mascarpone cheese.
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into quarters (about 1 ½ pound)
- 1 cucumber, cut into quarters
- 1 red or green bell pepper, cored and cut into large chunks
- ½ red onion, peeled, cored and cut into quarters
- ½ to 1 clove garlic, to taste, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- additional flavor boosters: 1 small handful basil or cilantro leaves, 1 jalapeno chili, stemmed.
- Optional garnishes: greek yogurt, crème fraiche or mascarpone. Microgreens, chopped cilantro or basil. Sliced cherry tomatoes and diced avocado. Toasted seeds or nuts.
- 1. Set up work area with chopped vegetables, blender and a large bowl or pitcher for the final product.
- 2. Add about half of the ingredients (1 tomato, ½ cucumber, ½ bell pepper, ½ of the onion, garlic, ½ cup water, 1 slice sourdough, ¼ cup oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper) to the blender. If using additional flavor boosters add half of them to the blender. Pulse until the mixture liquefies, then run the motor continuously until desired smoothness. Transfer the gazpacho to the bowl or pitcher.
- 3. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and process to desired smoothness. Thoroughly mix the two batches together in the pitcher to ensure even distribution of the flavors. Chill if desired.
- 4. Divide among 4 bowls and top with optional garnishes.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 184
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 340
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g