Hi folks, I have a yummy kid-friendly, primal-friendly and naturally gluten-free recipe to share with you today. Maple Glazed Carrots, with a smidge of butter, shallot and a touch of cinnamon. They are mapletastic.
They are so great at this time of year when carrots have been freshly dug. I love the warm cinnamon flavor and the savory vinegar, salt and shallot to balance the sweetness from the maple and carrots. I love them with roasted chicken. And they would even make a great side dish for Thanksgiving!
Here I am making them on TV. Look at those crazy beautiful carrots!
This Maple Glazed Carrots recipe is also available on the Healthy Living Blog.
Have you been seeing beautiful multi-colored carrots in the store lately?
Have you ever made maple glazed carrots?
What would you serve these with?
These Maple Glazed Carrots are mapletastic! They also just happen to be kid-friendly, primal-friendly and naturally gluten-free. AND they would make an awesome Thanksgiving side dish. Whew, is there anything this dish can't do??!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups sliced carrots, about 1/4-inch thick
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Heat butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes, until soft and browned. Add water, syrup, salt, and cinnamon. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add carrots and return to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium to maintain a lively simmer, and cook, stirring once or twice, 4 to 6 minutes, until carrots are crisp-tender. Remove lid and stir in vinegar. Increase heat to medium-high and continue cooking, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes, until liquid has thickened and carrots are coated. Serve warm.
keep yourself in the loop
Sign up for the Healthy Seasonal Recipes Newsletter and you'll receive the BEST Easy Vegetable Side Dish Cookbook for FREE. And, rest assured, we son't spam or share you info. Promise.