With this Garlic Herb Marinated Chicken recipe you will never have to eat bland dry grilled chicken again! Just 6 ingredients (including salt) and only 20 minutes of prep will give you a gluten-free, dairy-free and low-carb entree that sings with flavor. And check out my no-muss-no-fuss way to marinate the chicken!
I originally shared this recipe on June 26, 2012. I have updated the images and some of the text today.
Do you ever find yourself in the grocery store staring at those boneless skinless chicken breasts and think “Ugh, I’m so tired of boring old chicken”? Well, let me tell you my friends you don’t want to miss this really special recipe. You will be so shocked at the flavor you get from such a simple marinade.
Here is a really easy way to make a fast and garlicky marinade for chicken breast without making a big mess or even getting a knife dirty. All you need is a re-sealable bag (aka a Ziploc) and a meat mallet with a smooth side. No need to chop the garlic. Just peel it, pop it in the bag and then get your aggression out by smashing it silly with the smooth side of a meat pounder.
Then open the bag and add your chicken. Taking the time to pound that too will make it so your chicken will cook evenly and won’t dry out. Then last add a crazy-flavorful marinade with lots of vinegar. Unlike other more mild marinades, the acid in the vinegar and the salt will work its way into the meat quickly. Just be sure not to leave the chicken in the marinade for more than two hours. And let the chicken rest for five minutes before slicing. Oops, I guess you’ll need to get a knife dirty for that!
Seriously, this Garlic Herb Marinated Chicken will be the hit of your next cookout! And if you want to make it a complete diary-free meal serve it with this yummy Dairy-Free Ranch Pasta Salad by Go Dairy Free! Or if you happen to have any leftovers, chop it up and toss it into these amazing Thai Chicken and Sweet Potato Noodle Bowls from Allergy Free Alaska!
And don’t forget to check out a few recipes from my archives and my other blogging friends that will pair perfectly with this delicious chicken to make one spectacular Summer meal…
No Mayo Coleslaw by Simply Recipes
Bacon Sriracha Potato Salad by Peas & Crayons
Orzo Salad with Roasted Summer Vegetables by Overtime Cook
Fresh Corn Saute with Coconut Milk & Sriracha by Oh My Veggies
With this Garlic Herb Marinated Chicken recipe you will never have to eat bland dry grilled chicken again! Just 6 ingredients (including salt) and only 20 minutes of prep will give you a gluten-free, dairy-free and low-carb entree that literally sings with flavor.
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, tenders separated if included, about 1 pound
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dry herb mix such as Provençale or Shepherd Herb Mix
- Place garlic cloves in a large Ziploc bag, press air out and seal the bag. Smash garlic with the smooth side of a meat mallet. Open bag and add chicken breasts. Press air out of bag and reseal. Pound meat through the bag until the thickest part of the breast is level with the thinnest, about 1/2-inch thick. Open bag again and add tenders if included, vinegar, oil, salt and herb mix. Press out air and reseal bag and agitate until the chicken is coated in the herb garlic mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill chicken until no-longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Let rest about 5 minutes before slicing.
Here are the original images associated with this blog post.
keep yourself in the loop
Sign up for the Healthy Seasonal Recipes Newsletter and you'll receive the BEST Easy Vegetable Side Dish Cookbook for FREE. And, rest assured, we son't spam or share you info. Promise.