This Curry Roasted Cauliflower is a super easy gluten-free and vegan side dish to add to your weekly dinner routine. It’s ready in just 30 minutes and the curry adds that flavorful boost that makes you want to eat all your vegetables!
I originally shared this recipe on November 9, 2011. I have updated the images and some of the text today.
I love roasting my veggies! As you can probably tell by all of the yummy roasted vegetable recipes I’ve shared with you over the years. Like Roasted Broccoli with Asiago, Garlic and Almonds , Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic and Thyme, Roasted Eggplant with Pomegranate Molasses Feta and Mint, Sesame Roasted Asparagus Salad and Roasted Root Vegetables with Spring Herbs just to name a few. You get the picture.
Roasting is one of the best ways to transform almost any vegetable quickly and easily into a decadent dish that everyone will love. And all it takes is a few ingredients (extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and maybe your favorite spices, herbs, cheese or nuts if you’re feeling really fancy) and high heat.
I always feel like a rock star when I pull roasted veggies out of my oven. My family goes crazy. They can hardly wait for them to hit their plates. I always have to remind them not to burn their little fingers as they try to grab the roasted nuggets right off the baking sheet!
Cauliflower is great because it’s kind of like a blank canvas and takes really well to many different flavor combinations. And curry is like a super-spice because it’s a mix of cumin, coriander, turmeric, pepper, mustard, ginger, clove, cardamom, bay leaf and fenugreek. It’s a little earthy and a little sweet and a lot yummy! So of course, curry and cauliflower are a match made in heaven!
The curry powder gets in all of the nooks and crannies of the cauliflower and turns it a beautiful yellow and the flavors really deepen and develop as it roasts. Look at all those gorgeous brown bits. That’s flavor baby! Then because I can never let things just be good enough I finished it off with a flourish of lemon juice and cilantro. The brightness from the juice and the freshness of the cilantro works so well with the earthy caramelized cauliflower. Seriously, this is soooooo good! Like eat it straight off the baking sheet good!
Reasons I Love Roasting Vegetables
- It’s Healthy! You only need just enough extra virgin olive oil to lightly coat the veggies. Most recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and primal-friendly.
- It’s Yummy! I can throw almost any vegetable into my oven on high heat and my family will devour them.
- It’s Easy! You don’t need a culinary degree to roast vegetables. It’s one of the easiest things to do and requires less than a hand full of ingredients.
- It’s Fast! You can roast most veggies in about 30 minutes.
- It’s Creative! With just a dash of your favorite spice, a sprinkle of fresh herbs or a squirt of citrus juice you can amp up those roasted veggies even more. Feel free to get creative!
- One Pan! Clean up is a breeze because all you have to deal with is one pan.
Today, this recipe is part of the monthly Eat Seasonal group I am participating in. Here is a list of the other recipes in the line-up. This cauliflower recipe is my contribution.
Creamy Vegan Kiwi Lime Avocado Pie by Letty’s Kitchen
Chana Aloo Gobi Masala: Chickpea, Potato, and Cauliflower Curry by Food for My Family
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Chickpeas, Asparagus and Arugula by Floating Kitchen
Spicy Lemon-Ginger Tonic Tea by Suitcase Foodist
Broccoli Rabe and Chicken Pizza with Basil Cream Sauce by Vintage Mixer
Hot Chili Blistered Asparagus with Sriracha Aioli by Kitchen Confidante
Glazed Meyer Lemon Bundt Cake with Candied Lemons by Simple Bites
Frozen Chocolate-Dipped Kiwi with Sea Salt by Project Domestication
Tempura Cauliflower with Spiced Yogurt Dipping Sauce by Completely Delicious
Easy Lemon Thyme Roasted Artichokes by Flavor the Moments
Healthy Shamrock Shake by Joy Food Sunshine
Roasted Cauliflower Pasta with Lemon Chimichurri by She Likes Food
Thai Curry Cauliflower Soup by Mountain Mama Cooks
This Curry Roasted Cauliflower is an awesome gluten-free and vegan side dish to add to your weekly dinner routine. It’s ready in just 30 minutes and the curry adds that flavorful boost that makes you want to eat all your vegetables!
- 1 head of cauliflower, about 2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove outer leaves from the cauliflower. Cut it in half and cut out and discard the core. Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Toss the cauliflower in a large bowl with the olive oil to coat. Sprinkle on curry powder and salt and toss to coat. Spread out in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet and transfer to the oven.
- Roast the cauliflower until the bottom is beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Turn over and continue roasting until tender, 5 to 7 minutes more. Return to the bowl and toss with lemon juice and cilantro.
0 g Added Sugars, 0 mg Cholesterol
Here are the original images associated with this blog post.
keep yourself in the loop
Sign up for the Healthy Seasonal Recipes Newsletter and you'll receive the BEST Easy Vegetable Side Dish Cookbook for FREE. And, rest assured, we son't spam or share you info. Promise.