With just 4 ingredients and less than 45 minutes you too can have these super addictive Cajun Oven Fries!
Some recipes just speak for themselves. This is one of them. I mean seriously, who needs to be talked into Cajun fries?
Full disclosure, back in April 2011, I did have a lot to say about the technique of my original healthy oven fries recipe. I got all specific about the food-science of the technique. Someone please give her the hook! I am not going to get into that this time.
Waste no time, you could be preheating your oven right now. You probably already have all of the ingredients on hand. My advice: simply follow the recipe. It will yield golden delicious, crispy, spicy french fries with less than a teaspoon of oil per serving. Or go ahead and ask why and read this and then go preheat your oven.
By the way, I had a little of this on hand left-over from this Giveaway (still open until 1/14/13 at Noon) and it made for an amazing cooling dip. To be fair, good old ketchup is pretty good too. What are you going to serve these with?
cajun oven fries
- 2 pounds large Russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 )
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasonings (I love this organic blend )
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (see ingredient note*)
- Put a kettle on to boil. Arrange oven rack in bottom most position of the oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with paper towels.
- Meanwhile, cut potatoes into batons/French fries, about 1/3 to 1/2-inch thick. Place in a large bowl.
- When water boils, pour over the potatoes and let sit 3 minutes. Drain thoroughly and spread over the towel-lined baking sheet. Blot with more towels. Dry the bowl and return the potatoes to it. Add oil, Cajun seasonings and salt and toss until the potatoes are completely coated. Discard paper towels and dry baking sheet if necessary. Coat the baking sheet with cooking spray. Spread the potatoes out in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake on the bottom rack until golden on the bottom, 12 to 15 minutes. Turn over with a spatula and continue baking until golden and cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes longer, stirring one more time.
keep yourself in the loop
Sign up for the Healthy Seasonal Recipes Newsletter and you'll receive the BEST Easy Vegetable Side Dish Cookbook for FREE. And, rest assured, we son't spam or share you info. Promise.